Theoretical and Applied Development - Presentations On Learning & Experiences (TAD-POLE)
The Global Development Student Advisory Board is excited to bring the GDEV community together to learn more about each of our peer's experience and expertise while having a good time with pizza and informal conversation. Theoretical and Applied Development - Presentations On Learning and Experiences (TAD-POLE) events will take place once per month and will feature a couple short presentations followed by casual discussion. Undergrads, grad students, faculty/staff, and fellows are all encouraged to attend!
Thursday, February 16 @ Warren Hall B73 | 5-6pm
- Izzy Xavier '24 (IARD): Research on Weta Ecology during Study Abroad in New Zealand
- Eli Newell '24 (IARD): Connecting Sanitation and Agriculture: Augmenting fertilizer supply while reducing nutrient pollution
Thursday, March 9 @ Warren Hall 150 | 4:30-6pm
- Speakers include a panel of Humphrey Fellows and undergraduate students in Global Development on their joint research projects through the inaugural Humphrey Fellow P.A.C.T. Research Assistant Program (Practicioner-Assistant-Collaborative-Training)
Thursday March 30 @ Mann Library 102 | 5-6pm
- Jean Marie Nizigiyimana (Humphrey Fellow): Plastic Recycling and Circular Economy
- Laura Miranda ‘23: Social Transformation and Large-Scale Mining in Indonesia and Papua New Guinea
- Fanuel Joseph Massawe (Humphrey Fellow): Tree Diversity and Quality Tree Seed for Livelihoods, Climate and Nature
Thursday April 20 @ Mann Library 102 | 5-6pm
- Vansh Gupta ’23: Learning and Student Retention Outcomes in Schools in Brazil
- Whitman Barrett, MPS '21
Thursday May 4 @ Mann Library 102 | 5-6pm
- Julia Pienkowska ’23: Red Hook Farms: Urban Ag and Food Justice in Brooklyn
- Maria DiGiovanni ’23: Documenting the Perspectives of the Undocumented: Increasing Farmworker Representation in Discussion of the Farm Workforce Modernization Act
- Nodira Kurbanbaeva (Humphrey Fellow): Factors Influencing Youth Employment in Agriculture and Horticulture in Uzbekistan
Date & Time
February 16, 2023 - May 4, 2023
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
More information about this event.
Eli Newell, Co-chair of Student Engagement, GDEV Student Advisory Board
- ewn29 [at] cornell.edu
Department of Global Development
We openly share valuable knowledge.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.