Learn how to deal with pests—with the weeds, insects, and plant diseases that infest your crops. Each farmer has different problems and different needs and pest management doesn’t exist in a vacuum—it's closely linked with other management decisions on the farm.
IPM Checklists for New York State Crops
Guide available for purchase from CCE with management information for common insect, disease, and weed pests.
The Environmental Impact Quotient (EIQ) is a formula created to provide growers with data regarding the environmental and health impacts of their pesticide options so they can make better-informed decisions regarding their pesticide selection.
Enhance your integrated pest management (IPM) and crop decision-making with our NEWA forecast tools. Weather stations, primarily located on farms, deliver data to the NEWA website, which displays weather data summaries, crop production tools, and IPM forecasts.
- Dairy-One Soil Analysis (soil and tissue testing)
- Plant Disease Diagnostic Clinic (Cornell Plant Pathology)
- Insect Diagnostic Lab (Cornell Entomology)
- Extension Botanist, Ed Cope: eac5 [at] cornell.edu, 607-255-0441
- Diagnosing Corn Production Problems in Kansas (pdf)