Assistant Professor, Animal Science
- Holly, M. A., Kleinman, P. J., Bryant, R. B., Bjorneberg, D. L., Rotz, C. A., Baker, J. M., Boggess, M. V., Brauer, D. K., Chintala, R., Feyereisen, G. W., Gamble, J. D., Leytem, A. B., Reed, K. F., Vadas, P. A., & Waldrip, H. M. (2018). Short communication: Identifying challenges and opportunities for improved nutrient management through the USDA's Dairy Agroecosystem Working Group. Journal of Dairy Science. 101:6632-6641.
- Reed, K. F., Bonfá, H. C., Dijkstra, J., Casper, D. P., & Kebreab, E. (2017). Estimating the energetic cost of feeding excess dietary nitrogen to dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 100:7116-7126.
- Powell, J. M., Barros, T., Danes, M., Aguerre, M., Wattiaux, M., & Reed, K. F. (2017). Nitrogen use efficiencies to grow, feed, and recycle manure from the major diet components fed to dairy cows in the USA. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment. 239:274-282.
- Reed, K. F., Arhonditsis, G. B., France, J., & Kebreab, E. (2016). Bayesian calibration of dynamic ruminant nutrition models. Journal of Dairy Science. 99:6362-6370.
- Reed, K. F., Moraes, L. E., Casper, D. P., & Kebreab, E. (2015). Predicting nitrogen excretion from cattle. Journal of Dairy Science. 98:3025-3035.
- Reed, K. F., Casper, D. P., France, J., & Kebreab, E. (2015). Prediction of nitrogen efficiency in dairy cattle: A review. CAB Reviews: Perspectives in Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Nutrition and Natural Resources. 10:001.
- Reed, K. F., Moraes, L. E., Fadel, J. G., Casper, D. P., Dijkstra, J., France, J., & Kebreab, E. (2014). Prediction of nitrogen use in dairy cattle: a multivariate Bayesian approach. Animal Production Science. 54:1918-1926.
Presentations and Activities
- Kinetics of nitrogen secretion in milk and excretion in urine and faeces of for common dairy feeds intrinsically enriched with 15N. 10th International Symposium on the Nutrition of Herbivores. September 2018. INRA, Phytosynthese, La Region, Ville De Clermont Ferrand, Lallemand, idena, Valorex, VetAgro Sup, APIS-GENE, neovia, and others. Clermont-Ferrand, France.
- Comparison of Holstein and Jersey milk production with a new stochastic animal model. 2018 ADSA Annual Meeting: Integrating Dairy Science Globally. June 2018. American Dairy Science Association. Knoxville, TN United States.
- The Ruminant Farm Systems (RuFaS) model: a new modeling environment for dairy farms. 2018 Meeting of the Animal Science Modelling Group. June 2018. Trouw Nutrition, Ajinomoto Heartland, Inc. and Lallemand Specialties, Inc.. Knoxville, TN United States.
UC Davis - 2016
- Bachelor of Science
Cornell University - 2007
- ANSC 7900: Graduate-Level Thesis Research
- ANSC 4990: Undergraduate Research in Animal Science
kfr3 [at] cornell.edu
Areas Of Expertise
Animal Nutrition And Systems Modeling, Environmental Impacts Of Dairy Production, Incorporation Of Uncertainty In Decision Tools, Ruminant Protein Nutrition
Kristan in the news
The Minorities in Animal Science Students Club (MASS) provides a safe space for underrepresented Animal Science students through meetings, events and networking opportunities. The club recently collaborated with the Cornell College of Veterinary...
- Animal Science
This summer, visitors to Ithaca’s Sciencenter, a hands-on children’s museum, took part in a special exhibit made possible by a new collaboration between the museum, the State University of New York College at Cortland and Cornell’s Department of...
- Animal Science