Senior Extension Associate, Department of Entomology
I am the manager for the Cornell University Insect Collection and the Insect Diagnostic Lab. My main research interest is microlepidoptera with a focus on the taxonomy of the tortricid moth tribe Archipini in the New World. You will often find me collecting in various parts of the world or browsing insect collections in efforts to document the Lepidoptera fauna of New York State. You can also find me leading various public outings and talks on Insects.
- Brown, B., Zuefle, M. E., & Dombroskie, J. (2016). The effect of twig diameter on emergence rates of the oak twig pruner (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae). The Canadian Entomologist. 148:693-697.
- St. Laurent, R. A., & Dombroskie, J. (2016). Revision of the genus Menevia Schaus, 1928 (Lepidoptera, Mimallonoidea, Mimallonidae). ZooKeys. 566:31-116.
- St. Laurent, R. A., & Dombroskie, J. (2015). A revision of the genus Eadmuna Schaus, 1928 (Lepidoptera, Mimallonidae) with a description of a new species from French Guiana. ZooKeys. 494:51-68.
- Anzaldo, S. S., Dombroskie, J., & Brown, J. W. (2014). Morphological variation, taxonomic distribution, and phylogenetic significance of cornuti in Tortricinae (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae). Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. 116:#N/A.
- Jaeger, C. M., Dombroskie, J., & Sperling, A. H. (2013). Delimitation of Phaneta tarandana (Mschler 1874) and P. montana (Walsingham 1884) (Tortricidae: Olethreutinae) in western Canada using morphology and DNA. Journal of the Lepidopterists' Society. 67:253-262.
- Dombroskie, J., & Sperling, A. H. (2013). Phylogeny of the tribe Archipini (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae: Tortricinae) and evolutionary correlates of novel secondary sexual structures. Zootaxa. 3729:#N/A.
- Dombroskie, J., & Sperling, F. A. (2012). Phylogeny of Nearctic Pandemis (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae), with Focus on Species Boundaries in the P. limitata Group. Annals of the Entomological Society of America. 105:768-780.
- Pohl, G. R., & Dombroskie, J. (2018). Family Tortricidae. p. 119-159 Annotated checklist of the moths and butterflies (Lepidoptera) of Canada and Alaska Pensoft Publishers, Sofia, Bulgaria.
- St. Laurent, R. A., & Dombroskie, J. (2016). The Never Ending Story of Taxonomy..
2144F Comstock Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
jjd278 [at] cornell.edu
Jason in the news
- Cornell AgriTech
- Cornell Botanic Gardens
- Animal Science
- Department of Entomology