This course will begin with agronomic factors that influence forage quality and follow key strategies for harvest, preservation and feedout of quality feed. It will be valuable for decision makers and key employees in the cropping and feeding system on the farm. There will be a mix of basic “101” level material combined with more advanced concepts and recent research findings.
No courses are currently scheduled. Join our mailing list for notification of upcoming courses.
- Fermentation & Silage Science
- Forage Variety Selection & Quality Considerations
- Forage Harvest Management
- Silage Storage & Management
- TMR Mixing Procedure & Maintenance
- Feed Out & Feed Bunk Management
- Dr. Larry Chase, Cornell University
- Mat Haan, Organic Valley
- Betsy Hicks, Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Tom Kilcer, Advanced Ag Systems
- Joe Lawrence, Cornell CALS PRO-DAIRY
- Dr. Kristan Reed, Cornell University
- Dr. Bill Stone, Diamond V