Excellence in Faculty Service
Nominees for the SUNY Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Faculty Service must demonstrate consistently superior service.
Eligible contributions may occur in a variety of venues including service to the:
- State University
- Local community or contributions at the regional, state, national or international levels
- Discipline or disciplinary professional organizations and societies
- Leadership in local or system-wide faculty governance
Nominations must include positive evidence of outstanding achievement and skill in providing leadership; outreach; or other extraordinary service to the University, community, or the nominee’s professional organization. The scope of the service must extend over multiple years. A summary of accomplishments (limited to a maximum of 5 pages) and a curriculum vitae (CV) are required for nominations.
Nominees must be full-time teaching, tenured, or tenure-track faculty. Nominees may hold any academic rank; however, they must have completed at least three years of full-time service on campus prior to the year of nomination.
Recipients of an Excellence Award may not, at any time, be re-nominated for an award in the same category; and they may not be nominated for another Excellence Award in any other category within a 10-year period. Posthumous nominations are ineligible. Other exclusions can be found in the Call for Nominations.
- Office Managing the Award Process: Office of Academic Programs with Deans and Directors. Information received from Provost's Office, SUNY Albany.
- Date of Announcement: Late November
- Deadline for Submission: Nomination Memo - November. Final Dossier – Mid to late January.
- Presented at: Dean's Awards Ceremony, Summer
Previous Awardees of The SUNY Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Faculty Service Since 2004
Brian F. Chabot, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Daniel J. Decker, Natural Resources
W. Ronnie Coffman, Plant Breeding and Genetics, and International Programs
Norman R. Scott, Biological and Environmental Service
Maureen R. Hanson, Plant Biology and Molecular Biology and Genetics
David L. Brown, Development Sociology
Geraldine K. Gay, Communication
William E. Fry, Plant Pathology and Plant-Microbe Biology
Susan K. Brown, Horticulture
Marvin P. Pritts, Horticulture
|2015||Mark Sorrells, SIPS - Plant Breeding and Genetics|
|2016||William L. Crepet, SIPS - Plant Biology|
|2017||Katherine A. McComas, Communication|
|2018||Jeffrey Doyle, Plant Breeding and Genetics Section of SIPS|
|2019||Shorna Allred, Natural Resources|
|2020||Bruce Lewenstein, Communication|