CALS Kathy Druckman Berggren Diversity and Inclusion Award
Kathy Druckman Berggren was a faculty member in CALS with a passion for developing engaging curricula and empowering students.
She was adviser to student groups including the Association for Women in Communication, FACES (Facts, Advocacy and Control of Epileptic Seizures), Help a Life Organization and the Touchtones a cappella group. She served on many department, college and university committees, including co-chair of the CALS Diversity Committee. She was a past board member of WVBR radio station and of the Association for Women in Communication, and she was a fellow for the Center for Outreach and Engagement, where she led a project to design a disability awareness program for middle school students. Kathy was involved in many advocacy efforts in Ithaca, including as a parent advocate for the Ithaca City School District.
Nominees must demonstrate promotion of diversity within their teaching, research and/or extension program(s).
- Office Managing the Award Process: CALS Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (cals_odi [at] cornell.edu)
- Date of Announcement: Early March
- Deadline for Submission: March 31, 2023 (download application)
- Eligibility: Nominees for the CALS Kathy Druckman Berggren Diversity and Inclusion Award must be CALS faculty or academic staff. Previous award recipients are ineligible for nomination until after a period of five years (see list of previous awardees below).
- Specifics: The CALS Kathy Druckman Berggren Diversity and Inclusion Award recognizes members of the CALS faculty or academic staff who have made a significant contribution to enhancing a positive climate for multicultural diversity within their teaching, research and/or extension program.
Previous Awardees of the CALS Kathy Druckman Berggren Diversity and Inclusion Award Since 2001
Marianne E. Krasny, Natural Resources
Herbert W. Gottfried, Landscape Architecture
Joe M. Regenstein, Food Science
Jane Mt. Pleasant, Horticulture
Alice N. Pell, Animal Science
Cindy L. Van Es, Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management
Carl A. Batt, Food Science
Karim-Aly S. Kassam, Natural Resources
Angela Gonzales, Development Sociology
Kari Richards, Agricultural Sciences
|2017||Catherine Thompson, Office of Academic and Diversity Initiatives|
|2018||Bryan Duff, Development Sociology|
|2019||Connie Yuan, Communication|
|2020||Annalisa Raymer, Global Development|
|2021||Jennifer Majka, Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management|
|2022||Jeff McCaffrey, Office of Undergraduate Biology|
|2023||Denise Ramzy, Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management|