For seed growers, and other seed professionals
Place: NYSIP Foundation Seed Barn, 791 Dryden Rd., Rt. 366, Ithaca, NY
- 8:30-8:55 Registration, coffee, & networking
- 8:55 Begin tour
- 9:00-10:15 Small Grains: Breeding for Quality and Pest Resistance - Mark Sorrells and David Bensher
- 10:15-10:30 Using UAVs to model biomass accumulation and heritable growth patterns in alfalfa - Kelly Robbins and Ranjita Thapa
- 10:30-10:45 Dual Cropping Alfalfa and Intermediate Wheatgrass - Virginia Moore
- 11:00-11:15 Forage Yield Trial Update and Potato leafhopper resistant alfalfa cultivars - Julie Hansen
- 11:15-11:30 Cover Crop and Forage Breeding - Virginia Moore
- 11:30-11:45 Are cannabinoids a defense against chewing herbivores? - George Stack
- 11:45-noon Switchgrass and resistance to Anthracnose and Smut - Ryan Crawford
- 12:00 Adjourn
DEC and CCA continuing education credits approved for those attending the full morning meeting.
Date & Time
June 29, 2022
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.