Discover CALS

See how our current work and research is bringing new thinking and new solutions to some of today's biggest challenges.

Forms & Petitions

  • Online Cornell University Leave/Withdrawal form (withdrawing from University, not a leave of absence) 
  • Take/return a HLOA (Health Leave of Absence) - student should email healthleaves [at] (healthleaves[at]cornell[dot]edu) 
  • Electronic Student Add/Drop Enrollment Request Form - Used to request instructor permission or obtain a permission code to enroll in a course; petition to add a course past the deadline (excluding CALS Special Studies courses); or drop a course if instruction permission is required.  

Forms located in DUST

  • Request a LOA (Leave of Absence) 
  • Petition to go over max credits 
  • Time conflict 
  • Application for college credit earned in high school 
  • Request a letter of good academic standing 
  • Request a letter of verification of graduation date 
  • Request a letter of verification of cumulative GPA 
  • FERPA release 
  • Post Graduate Survey 
  • Online application to update degree standing 
  • Course withdraw request 
  • Application for external transfer credit 
  • Request a tutor 

Student Petitions located in DUST

  • Return from a LOA 
  • Add a class after deadline passed 
  • Substitute a course for college distribution requirements  
  • Change variable credit hours for a class after the deadline has passed 
  • Return from a Leave of Absence 
  • Extend the deadline on an incomplete grade 
  • Study Abroad in your final semester 
  • Complete remaining coursework/credits at another institution