Liberty Hyde Bailey Professor, Natural Resources and the Environment
Fahey is a forest ecosystem ecologist. He has been conducting research for the past 35 years at the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest in New Hampshire.
A.B. Dartmouth College, PhD. University of Wyoming
Fahey studies the ecology of temperate and tropical montane forests with special interest in root and mycorrhizal dynamics.
- Burtis, J. C., Yavitt, J. B., Fahey, T. J., & Ostfeld, R. S. (2019). Ticks as Soil-Dwelling Arthropods: An Intersection Between Disease and Soil Ecology. Journal of medical entomology, 56(6), 1555-1564.
- Frelich, L. E., Blossey, B., Cameron, E. K., Dávalos, A., Eisenhauer, N., Fahey, T., ... & Maerz, J. C. (2019). Side‐swiped: ecological cascades emanating from earthworm invasions. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, 17(9), 502-510.
- Fahey, R.T., Atkins, J.W., Campbell, J.L., Rustad, L.E., Duffy, M., Driscoll, C.T., Fahey, T.J. and Schaberg, P.G., 2020. Effects of an experimental ice storm on forest canopy structure. Canadian Journal of Forest Research, 50(999), pp.136-145.
- Roco, C. A., Dörsch, P., Booth, J. G., Pepe-Ranney, C., Groffman, P. M., Fahey, T. J., ... & Shapleigh, J. P. (2019). Using metagenomics to reveal landscape scale patterns of denitrifiers in a montane forest ecosystem. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 138, 107585.
- Rustad, L.E., Campbell, J.L., Driscoll, C.T., Fahey, T.J., Groffman, P.M., Schaberg, P.G., Hawley, G.J., Halm, I., Bowles, F., Leuenberger, W. and Schwaner, G., 2020. Experimental approach and initial forest response to a simulated ice storm experiment in a northern hardwood forest. PloS one, 15(9), p.e0239619.
- Pierre, S., Litton, C.M., Giardina, C.P., Sparks, J.P. and Fahey, T.J., 2020. Mean annual temperature influences local fine root proliferation and arbuscular mycorrhizal colonization in a tropical wet forest. Ecology and evolution, 10(18), pp.9635-9646
- Bray, N., Thompson, G.L., Fahey, T., Kao-Kniffin, J. and Wickings, K., 2020. Soil macroinvertebrates alter the fate of root and rhizosphere carbon and nitrogen in a turfgrass lawn. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 148, p.107903..
- Campbell, J.L., Rustad, L.E., Driscoll, C.T., Halm, I., Fahey, T.J., Fakhraei, H., Groffman, P.M., Hawley, G.J., Leuenberger, W. and Schaberg, P.G., 2020. Simulating impacts of ice storms on forest ecosystems. JoVE (Journal of Visualized Experiments), (160), p.e61492.
- Fakhraei, H., Fahey, T.J. and Driscoll, C.T., 2020. The Biogeochemical Response of Nitrate and Potassium to Landscape Disturbance in Watersheds of the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest, New Hampshire, USA. In Forest-Water Interactions (pp. 537-563). Springer, Cha
NTRES 4200, NTRES 4201
Ithaca, NY 14853
tjf5 [at] cornell.edu
Timothy in the news
Fourteen teams of faculty and community partners have received Engaged Research Grants from the Office of Engagement Initiatives to increase undergraduate involvement in research that strengthens the well-being of communities. “By combining two...
- Cornell Botanic Gardens
- Lab of Ornithology
- Animal Science
This summer, a small team of citizen scientists – including two students from the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences – bushwhacked their way through dense forest growth and clouds of biting insects. Their mission: gather scientific data...
- Natural Resources and the Environment