Tamara (Tami) Payne
Business Manager, Department of Communication
Tami joined the Department of Communication in April 2022 after serving as Administrative Manager within the School of Integrative Plant Science for several years. A long time CALS employee, she has also worked in Animal Science and Biological & Environmental Engineering. She also served 8 years in the Army National Guard. Tami holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Management. An avid sports enthusiast, she enjoys watching her boys play football, baseball and is herself is a powerlifter.
- Innovating to find efficient and effective ways to work,
- Promoting a collaborative and collegial work environment,
- Modeling and supporting work-life balance,
- Striving for the win-win solution,
- Believing in personal accountability.
As the Administrative Manager, Tami:
- assists faculty with non-academic hiring and is the liaison between the Department and CALS Human Resources,
- assists faculty with account creation and financial management, including grant/contract administration,
- supervises and supports administrative staff structure,
- partners with the chair on strategic initiatives as needed, and
- works with facilities on building maintenance and planning.
Mann Library, Floor 4, Room 407
Ithaca, NY 14853
Th47 [at] cornell.edu