As part of the New York Soil Health 2022 Soil Health and Climate Resiliency Field Day series we will have a field day on July 28th from 3:00pm to 7:00pm at the B & B Crop Farm (Johnstown, NY). The agenda will include:
- Using Soil health to increase Weather Resilience
- Managed cover crops in strip tilled organic vegetables
- Strip tillage of pumpkins (in field) and cover crops (in-field)
- Soil Health Demonstration with the Soil Health Trailer
- Farmer panel on experiences using reduced tillage techniques for vegetables
DEC Certified Pesticide Applicator Recertification credits have been requested.
This event is free and open to the public. Pre-registration is preferred by 7/20/22 to help ensure there is enough food. Walk-ins are welcome.
The 2022 Soil Health & Climate Resiliency Field Day Series is funded in part by New York Soil Health which is supported through the New York State Environmental Protection Fund, administered through the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets. Additional support is provided by Cornell Cooperative Extension, USDA- NRCS, and the Cornell Small Farms Program.
Date & Time
July 28, 2022
3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
More information about this event.
- mag22 [at] cornell.edu
Soil and Crop Sciences Section
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.