Transition Cow Management
- Transition Cow Physiology/Biology
- Nutritional Strategies for Transition Cows
- Fresh Cow Health Management
- Metabolic Disease
- Non-Nutritional Management
- Monitoring Health
This course has been approved for up to 8 CEUs from ARPAS and 1.4 CEUs from Cornell School of Continuing Education.
Who should attend?
The course is ideal for individuals who:
- have been working with dairy cows and are looking to increase their knowledge of transition cow management
- have had some formal training or course work but want a refresher on transition cow management
- have been working with the farm transition cow program but want to know more about the how, what and why
- have wanted to improve the transition cow performance of a herd but need to know where to start
- have wanted to increase the skills provided to the farm or farm employer
How it works
This course is offered online using the web-based platform, Moodle. From the comfort of your home or office, watch pre-recorded presentations on your own schedule. The on-demand course format includes recorded video lectures and weekly quizzes. You may begin the course at any time and complete coursework on your own schedule. Once you have enrolled in the course, you have 6 months to complete.
Presentations for each topic are pre-recorded and are accessible whenever is convenient to the participant. Quizzes are integrated to reinforce concepts of each presentation.
Platform and Technology Requirements
We recommend that you use a computer with a DSL or cable modem connection, or a mobile device with a fast connection for optimal viewing of videos.
Special software for the course is not required, beyond an internet browser (Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Opera, etc.) and a small free download you will be automatically prompted to complete to access webinars on Zoom. It is helpful, but not strictly necessary, to have Microsoft Office (for Word and Excel documents). Your instructor can provide other options if you don’t have Office.
You DO need to have functioning speakers for the webinars but DO NOT need to have a headset or video camera. You should be familiar with the functions of your computer and with browsing the internet. The more comfortable you are with new technology and distance learning, the more you will get out of the course.
For More Information
Senior Extension Associate
- (607) 229-4357
- kfb3 [at] cornell.edu
Dairy Herd Health and Management Specialist
- (607) 255-6830
- rlynch [at] cornell.edu
- (607) 255-4478
- hh96 [at] cornell.edu
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If accommodations are needed to participate or fully access content, please contact Heather Darrow at hh96 [at] cornell.educlass="spamspan".