- Anatomy and Physiology
- Synchronization Protocols
- Breeding Strategies
- A.I. Techniques
- Monitoring Reproductive Programs
- Heifer Reproduction Management
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for individuals who:
- have been working with dairy cows and are looking to increase their knowledge of reproductive management
- have had some formal training or course work but want a refresher on reproductive management
- have been working with the farm repro program but want to know more about the how, what and why
- want to improve the reproductive performance of your herd but need to know where to start
- want to increase the skills you bring to the farm or your farm employer
How it works
This course is offered online using the web-based platform, Moodle. From the comfort of your home or office, watch pre-recorded presentations on your own schedule. The on-demand course format includes recorded video lectures and weekly quizzes.
Presentations for each topic are pre-recorded and are accessible whenever is convenient to the participant. Quizzes are integrated to reinforce concepts of each presentation.
Platform and Technology Requirements
We recommend that you use a computer with a DSL or cable modem connection, or a mobile device with a fast connection for optimal viewing of videos.
Special software for the course is not required, beyond an internet browser (Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Opera, etc.) and a small free download you will be automatically prompted to complete to access webinars on Zoom. It is helpful, but not strictly necessary, to have Microsoft Office (for Word and Excel documents). Your instructor can provide other options if you don’t have Office.
You DO need to have functioning speakers for the webinars but DO NOT need to have a headset or video camera. You should be familiar with the functions of your computer and with browsing the internet. The more comfortable you are with new technology and distance learning, the more you will get out of the course.
For More Information
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If accommodations are needed to participate or fully access content, please contact Heather Darrow at hh96 [at] cornell.edu.