E. Lauren Chambliss
Senior Lecturer, Department of Communication
- America’s Smallest Falcon is Getting Smaller, Living Bird Magazine, Ithaca, NY. Spring 2019.
- A Leaded Weight on Loon Recovery, Living Bird Magazine, Ithaca, NY. Summer 2018. Cover story.
- Sharing Fields with Sarus Cranes, Living Bird Magazine, Ithaca, NY Winter, 2018.
- Keeler, B. L., Chaplin-Kramer, R. Guerry, A. D., Addison, P.F. Bettigole, C., Burke, I.C., Gentry, B, Chambliss, E.L., Young, C.L. Travis, A.J., Darimont, C.T., Gordon, D.R., Hellmann, J. Kareiva, P., Monfort, S., Olander, L.Profeta, T. Possingham, H.P., Slotterback, C., Sterline, E, Ticktin, T, Vira, B. (2017). Is society ready for a new kind of Science – Is Academia? BioScience (67)7 591-592.
- Atkinson Center for a Sustainable Future, Strategic Plan, Focus Areas brochure, Annual Reports.
- Dixon, G.N., Deline, M.B., McComas, K.M., Chambliss, E.L. & Hoffmann, M. (2015). Saving energy at the workplace: The salience of behavioral antecedents and sense of community. Energy Research and Social Science (6) 121-127.
- Dixon, G. N., Deline, M.B., McComas, K. M. Chambliss, E. L., & Hoffmann, M. (2014). Using comparative feedback to influence workplace energy conservation: A case study of a university campaign.Environment and Behavior. 1-27 doi: 10.1177/0013916513520417
- Chambliss, E.L. & Lewenstein, B.V. (2012). Establishing a climate change information source addressing local aspects of a global issue. A case study in New York State. Jcom (11)(03) C06.
- Big Red's Big Green Initiatives: Cornell College of Agriculture and Life Sciences' Vision for the Bioenergy Future. (2008) USDA (role: lead author.)
- “Reaching Public Audiences” ComSciCon, Cornell University, July 201
- “Crafting your Story” ComSciCon, Cornell University, July 2011
- "Young Professionals' Media Training" International Conference for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), Honolulu Hawaii, September 2016
- “Science Communication in Today’s Mediascape,” ComSciCon, Cornell University, July 2016
- “Effective Science Communication,” 2nd International Global Food Security Conference, Cornell University, October 2015.
- “Changing the Ecology of Climate Change Communication in Your Organization,” American Geophysical Union annual conference, San Francisco, December 2014.
- “Communicating for Impact: Lessons from the Climate Change Conundrum,” Shackleton Field Station, Cornell University, July 2014.
- “Believe It! Communicating Science to a Skeptical World,” New York Academy of Sciences; panel discussion on "Climate Change, Science and Society,” June 2011.
- “Behavior Matters: Program Results from Stanford, MIT, Princeton, and Cornell,” Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education, October 2010.