Postdoctoral Associate, Department of Communication
460 Mann Library
db729 [at] cornell.edu
- Balog-Way, D., McComas, K. A., & Besley, J. (2020). The evolving field of risk communication. Risk Analysis: an International Journal.
- Balog-Way, D., & McComas, K. A. (2020). COVID-19: Reflections on trust, tradeoffs, and preparedness. Journal of Risk Research.
- Balog-Way, D., Evensen, D., Lofstedt, R., & Bouder, F. (2020). Effects of public trust on behavioural intentions in the pharmaceutical sector: data from six European countries. Journal of Risk Research.
- Balog-Way, D., Evensen, D., & Löfstedt, R. (2020). Pharmaceutical Benefit–Risk Perception and Age Differences<br>in the USA and Germany.
- Balog-Way, D., Blazsin, H., Lofstedt, Ragnar,, & Bouder, F. (2017). Pharmaceutical benefit-risk communication tools: a review of the literature. Drug safety. 40:15--36.
- Balog-Way, D., Bouder, F., Löfstedt, R., & Evensen, D. (2016). Medicines transparency at the European Medicines Agency (EMA) in the new information age: the perspectives of patients. Journal of Risk Research. 19:1185--1215.
- Lofstedt, R., & Balog-Way, D. (2016). Transparency and trust in the European pharmaceutical sector: Outcomes from an experimental study. Journal of Risk Research. 19:1082-1103.
- Bouder, F., Balog-Way, D., Löfstedt, R., & Evensen, D. (2015). Transparency in Europe: a quantitative study. Risk Analysis: an International Journal. 35:1210--1229.
- Balog-Way, D. (2017). Transparency in risk regulation: the case of the European Medicines Agency. King's College London.
- Science Reporting in a Changing Climate: How can we Do Better? Special SRA Event. December 2019. National Press Club, First Amendment Lounge, Washington, DC, USA.
- Bridging the Risk-Science Policy Gap: Are Regulatory Agencies Ready? Society for Risk Analysis’s Annual Meeting. December 2019. SRA. Arlington, VA, USA.
- Talking about My Generation (Part III): Benefit-Risk Communication and Older Adults. 9th Annual Ditchley Group Forum. June 2019. Convento do Espinheiro. Évora, Portugal.
- Can Big Data Improve Healthcare Quality Regulation? An International Comparative Analysis. Health Care Quality and Outcomes (HCQO) Working Group. June 2019. Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD). Paris, France.
- Talking about My Generation: Exploring Benefit-Risk Communication and Older Adults. Drug Information Association Europe’s Annual Meeting. February 2019. DIA. Vienna, Austria.
- Medicines for Older People: The Importance of Experience in Benefit-Risk Decision-Making. 8th Annual Ditchley Group Forum. May 2018. Kerckebosch Castle. Zeist, Netherlands.
- Transparency Policies Across the Atlantic: Our Research Journey. CORS Annual Conference. October 2017. Copenhagen Centre for Regulatory Science (CORS). University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Towards a Sophisticated Framework for Measuring Pharmacovigilance Impact. International Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology. August 2017. ISPE. Palais des Congrés, Montreal, Canada.
- Transparency in Risk Regulation: Towards a Sophisticated Typology. Inaugural Cambridge Risk and Uncertainty Conference. June 2017. Cambridge University. Cambridge, UK.
- Comparing Transparency Policies at the European Food Safety Authority and European Medicines Agency. Constitutionality, Powers and Legitimacy of EU Agencies or Agency-Like Bodies. November 2016. European University Institute. Florence, Italy.