"From research to your plate"
Aug. 13, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Learn how science happening on the Cornell AgriTech campus impacts New York food and agriculture. Faculty, students and staff will showcase their scientific research, give tours of our facilities, research fields and greenhouses and demonstrate how important (and fun) science really is. Below is a sampling of some activities and displays that will be offered (subject to change).
- Look through a high powered microscope at New York crop diseases.
- Check out some creepy crawly insects and learn about their biology.
- Discover how various food and craft beverage companies produce some of your favorite products deliciously and safely through our expertise and innovation.
- Find out how we develop new apple, grape and vegetable varieties and visit some of our world-renowned germplasm repositories.
- Get insight on what it takes to implement lake friendly lawn care.
- Peruse the many weeds growing in our area and get some tips and tricks on how to manage them.
- Enjoy a walking history tour of our campus.
- Meet some "friendly insects".
- Explore the many unique ways to grow vegetables.
- See some of the tractors we use in our research farm operations.
- Watch us operate drones and robots used to analyze crop health.
- And much, much more!
Our open house is open to all audiences and all are encouraged to visit our campus for a fun-filled educational day. Parking is available at Jordan Hall at 630 North St. Geneva, NY. No registration required.
Date & Time
August 13, 2022
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.