Biological Sciences Student Advisor Application
Thank you for you interest in the Biology Student Advisor Program!
The application cycle for Fall 2023 - Spring 2024 is closed. All applicants will be notified by March 1 if they have been selected for an interview.
Student Advisor Application Process:
- Complete the online application by Monday, February 20.
- You will receive an email by March 1, inviting you to participate in a student advisor led interview. During this cycle, all interviews will take place in person in Stimson 216.
- Applicants are required to participate in one interview session. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for March 9, 10, 16, 17.
- You will be notified by Friday, March 24th if you have been accepted into the role.
- All new Student Advisors are required to attend a NEW Student Advisor training on Sunday, April 23 (1:00-5:00 PM). If unable to attend this training, you will not be eligible. *Special circumstances, please reach out to Amy Drumluk at ard244 [at] cornell.edu if you have questions or concerns.
Applicants must commit to being on campus as an enrolled student for both the fall and spring semester. **If you plan on graduating in December 2023 or Studying Abroad in the Spring of 2024, you will not be eligible.
Please read additional mandatory requirements below
Student Advisors must attend a training session on Wednesday, August 16 (tentatively 1:00 - 5:00 PM) and a New Student Advising meeting with faculty and first year students on Thursday, August 17 (tentatively 8:30 AM-1:00 PM) Classes begin on Monday, August 21.
If you plan on applying, please consider any other leadership positions that require you to participate in orientation, summer internships that might conflict with this schedule, or travel plans that would not have you back on campus on time. It is mandatory that you are present at the two sessions listed above.