What to do with a Biological Sciences Degree
Because Cornell Biological Sciences majors are exceptionally educated and trained to ask probing questions, examine complex systems, and solve complicated problems they are well positioned to choose career paths in a variety of areas such as: health care, biotechnology, education, research, business, environmental management, entrepreneurship, science policy, and science writing and communication.
What Can I do with a Biological Sciences Degree? (handout)
Career Development Toolkit (Cornell Career Services)
The Career Development Toolkit is your go-to Cornell resource for career-related information on topics such as job search strategies, networking, resumes, and more! Content is organized in discrete modules that can be completed any time, in any order, and at your own pace.
Alumni Career Conversations
- “Post Bacc 101” – Dr. Deborah Stull (bio sci alumna) and Caleb Marsh (Temple’s CST Post-Bacc program and leaders in Post-Bacc programs nationally) 11/16/21
- "Pivoting from Pre-Med to Life Science Consulting"-Shanna Smith '18 (working in Health Care Consulting) 10/1/20
- "I loved biology, but had no idea what to do with it"-Isha Saini '11 (working in Science and Regulatory Affairs) 10/12/20
- "Climate and Clean Energy"- Mitchell Lee '19 (working in climate and clean energy) 10/28/20
- "My Big Red Road to Science Education and Communication"- Alyssa Rodriguez '18 (working for the Oklahoma Aquarium) 11/11/20
- "Putting Passion First: Giving in to the heart tugs pulling me toward science education"- Kayla Aulenbach '19 (Coordinator of Pre-College and Summer Programs at Albright College) 11/17/20
During their first semester at Cornell, students should create a profile in Cornell Handshake in order to gain access to program announcements, services, and job/internship opportunities in career fields that are specifically interesting to them. Additionally, all students are strongly encouraged to set up a CU eLINKS and connect with members the broad and diverse Cornell Community.