SCS Graduate Student Association

The mission of the Soil and Crop Sciences Graduate Student Association (SCS-GSA) is to encourage and instigate social and intellectual exchange between graduate students interested in environmental and agronomic issues. Our goal is to enhance the quality of life for graduate students and their families, improve the quality of Soil and Crop Sciences education at Cornell, and facilitate academic and professional collaboration. All Soil and Crop Sciences graduate students are automatically members. The SCS-GSA also participates in the SIPS Graduate Council.

SCS-GSA officers:

  • President - Annika Rowland (avr28 [at]
  • Vice-President - Whitman Barrett (wab224 [at]
  • Treasurer - Valentina Rubio (vr349 [at]


Resources for current students

Bias Reporting

  • Bias Reporting: report a bias incident and learn what constitutes bias

Mental and Physical Health

Graduate School Programs and Resources

  • Cornell Graduate School: Academic Resources, Career Resources, Accessibility, Diversity & Inclusion, and more
  • Travel Grants: apply for funding for travel to a professional conference at which you are presenting or for funding to travel as part of thesis/dissertation research 
  • Graduate and Professional Student Assembly: Cornell’s community of graduate and professional students to address non-academic issues of common concern

Meet us!

Current students in the Graduate Field of Soil and Crop Sciences

graduate student and professor looking at seedheads in field of perennial grain