Society for Horticulture (SoHo)- Graduate Student Association
SoHo promotes fellowship among peers and future colleagues within the Field of Horticulture through regular meetings, cook-outs, holiday parties, and events that promote professional growth. We actively engage in committee membership throughout the university and strive to provide student members with opportunities develop communication, inter-personal, and future career skills. All graduate students are automatically members.
Officers for 2023
President - Macie Millstein
Vice President - Manushi Trivedi
Treasurer - Kenneth Buck
Secretary - Emma Herrighty
Event Coordinator - Hannah Frank
Webmaster - Ava Forystek
GPSA Representative - Danni DelConte
Apple Vending Machine Manager - Aleah Butler-Jones
Resources for Horticulture Graduate Students
- Graduate Handbook. Details of the various opportunities, expectations and milestones during the Horticulture graduate program. Printer-friendly .pdf version of handbook (includes Member Handbook for Faculty in the Graduate Field of Horticulture).
- Mutual expectations. A list of topics for which it is useful to understand the expectations that a student and advisor have of one another. It provides a framework for an easy discussion. Printer-friendly .pdf version of mutual expectations
- Habits of successful scientists. Developed by Carl Wieman, the habits that characterize successful scientists are valuable skills for every student to learn. This guide can help identify things students will want to learn during their graduate program. Printer-friendly .pdf version of Weiman list.
- Learning Goals. The Field has set certain learning goals and when we intend to assess whether they are being met. They also appear in the Graduate Handbook.
Resources for current students
- Bias Reporting: report a bias incident and learn what constitutes bias
Mental and Physical Health
- Counseling Resources: Mental health resources available through Cornell Health including Let’s Talk Drop-in counseling
- Student Health Benefits
- Cornell Gannett Health Services
Graduate School Programs and Resources
- Cornell Graduate School: Academic Resources, Career Resources, Accessibility, Diversity & Inclusion, and more
- Travel Grants: apply for funding for travel to a professional conference at which you are presenting or for funding to travel as part of thesis/dissertation research
- Graduate and Professional Student Assembly: Cornell’s community of graduate and professional students to address non-academic issues of common concern