Seminars & News
The five SIPS sections host regular seminars, attendance of which can be logged online for credit.
- Horticulture, Monday, 12:20 p.m., 404 Plant Science
Zoom link | View all Horticulture seminars
- Plant Pathology & Plant-Microbe Biology - AgriTech, Tuesday, 11:20 a.m., A134 Barton Lab
Zoom link | View all PPPMB-Agritech seminars
- Plant Breeding & Genetics, Tuesday, 12:20 p.m., 135 Emerson
Zoom link | View all Plant Breeding & Genetics seminars
- Plant Pathology & Plant-Microbe Biology - Ithaca, Wednesday, 12:20 p.m., 404 Plant Science
Zoom link | View all Plant Pathology & Plant-Microbe Biology seminars
- Soil and Crop Sciences, Thursday, 12:20 p.m., 135 Emerson
Zoom link | View all Soil and Crop Sciences seminars
- Plant Biology, Friday, 12:20 p.m., 404 Plant Science
Zoom link | View all Plant Biology seminars
SIPS members receive a weekly email listing SIPS section seminars for the current week, SIPS section seminars for the week following, and other upcoming seminars and events of relevant to plants, soil, climate, and agriculture. Email ML16 [at] cornell.edu to be added to the mailing list.
Recordings of many past seminars can be viewed at the SIPS seminar playlist.
Log your attendance
The latest news...
Cannabinoids, naturally occurring compounds found in hemp plants, may have evolved to deter pests from chewing on them, according to experiments that showed higher cannabinoid concentrations in hemp leaves led to proportionately less damage from...
Twenty-five faculty and academic staff from nine Cornell colleges and units are Engaged Faculty Fellows for the 2023-24 academic year, with projects dedicated to advancing community-engaged learning at Cornell and within their respective fields.
New maps, made from a global dataset of crop residues, reveal areas where biochar may be sustainably produced, offering a path to lowering atmospheric carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas.