Seminars & News
The five SIPS sections host regular seminars, attendance of which can be logged online for credit.
View full seminar schedule for all five SIPS sections.
Note new locations for Spring 2023 semester:
- Horticulture, Monday, 12:25 p.m., 404 Plant Science
Zoom link | View all Horticulture seminars
- Plant Pathology & Plant-Microbe Biology - AgriTech, Tuesday, 11:20 a.m., A134 Barton Lab
Zoom link | View all PPPMB-Agritech seminars
- Plant Breeding & Genetics, Tuesday, 12:25 p.m., 135 Emerson
Zoom link | View all Plant Breeding & Genetics seminars
- Plant Pathology & Plant-Microbe Biology - Ithaca, Wednesday, 12:25 p.m., 404 Plant Science
Zoom link | View all Plant Pathology & Plant-Microbe Biology seminars
- Soil and Crop Sciences, Thursday, 12:25 p.m., 135 Emerson
Zoom link | View all Soil and Crop Sciences seminars
- Plant Biology, Friday, 12:25 p.m., 404 Plant Science
Zoom link | View all Plant Biology seminars
SIPS members receive a weekly email listing SIPS section seminars for the current week, SIPS section seminars for the week following, and other upcoming seminars and events of relevant to plants, soil, climate, and agriculture. Email ML16 [at] cornell.edu to be added to the mailing list.
Recordings of many past seminars can be viewed at the SIPS seminar playlist.
Log your attendance
The latest news...
Following a mid-May freeze, two Cornell viticulture experts are advising grape growers in New York on how to rescue their season, as vineyards now face a reduced crop and economic loss.
Nineteen faculty and professional staff members in Cornell’s four state contract colleges have been selected for the 2022-23 State University of New York Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence.
The classic identification guide “Weeds of the Northeast” sprouted from a collaboration of Cornell researchers. Now, a new edition of the book brings together a pair of uncannily named weed scientists: Antonio DiTommaso and Joseph DiTomaso.