The "One Health and Circular Economies of Agriculture-Lake Systems" symposium honors Chris Dennis '13, an International Agriculture & Rural Development (IARD) Cornell alumnus who passed away during his graduation week 10 years ago.
The panel discussion will focus on circular bionutrient economies and their potential to address environmental and agricultural crises in agriculture-lake systems such as the Finger Lakes region in New York and Lake Victoria basin in East Africa. Dennis was an early advocate for circular economies which have since become obvious solutions to some of the most pressing agricultural and environmental challenges we face today.
- Katie Fiorella, Assistant Professor, Department of Public & Ecosvstem Health
- Chuan Liao, Assistant Professor, Department of Global Development
- Rebecca Nelson, Professor, School of Integrative Plant Sciences & Department of Global Development
- Jean Marie Nizigiyimana, Hubert H. Humphrey Fellow; CEO, Jeni-Eco Company
- Daryl Nydam, Professor, Department of Population Medicine & Diagnostic Sciences; Faculty Director, Atkinson Center for Sustainability
- Eugene Won, Senior Research Associate, Department of Animal Science
Food will be provided at the reception. Please register here. *Note that you must be logged in to a google account with your Cornell email address.
Date & Time
April 28, 2023
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
More information about this event.
Eli Newell, Undergradaute student, Global Development
- ewn29 [at] cornell.edu
Department of Global Development
We openly share valuable knowledge.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.