Local Roads (and Streets) Done Right
A Road Master Qualified Course
Who Should Attend
Town, county, city, and village highway officials, street foremen, construction supervisors, and others interested in learning about what makes a good road or street and how to keep it that way are encouraged to attend. Bring your mayor, town board, supervisor or highway committee to this session!
Participants taking this course will be able to:
- Identify functional classifications of roads.
- State the 10 commandments for good roads.
- List topics to determine if road is performing adequately.
- Compare the benefits of preventative maintenance vs. rehabilitation or construction.
- Identify contributing factors to frost heave.
- Describe the effects of fines in road base materials.
- Determine the best steps to drain water off the road surface.
- List the three types of sight distance.
- Identify the 5 parts of a work zone.
To see more information, please click the red arrow at the top of this card.