Twenty-eight students were recognized as Outstanding CALS Graduate Teaching Assistants by the Office of Academic Programs at a ceremony held May 11 in the Biotechnology Building.
The students are selected by individual units based on important contributions they have made to the instructional program of the college.
“The Outstanding Teaching Assistant Recognition Luncheon recognizes not only the outstanding graduate TA in each of the departments or graduate fields, but also the importance of all the TAs in helping undergraduate students to be successful in earning their degree and preparing them for their careers," said Don Viands, associate dean and director of academic programs.
Awardees were each presented with a certificate signed by their department chair, an inscribed golden apple and $100 deposited into their Bursar accounts.
- Christian Posbergh: Animal Science
- Sarah LaCount: Animal Science
- Mayuri Ukidwe: Biological and Environmental Engineering
- Guo Yu: Biological Statistics & Computational Biology
- Julie Cannon: Communication
- Byungdoo Kim: Communication
- Karla Pena: Development Sociology
- Maria Kalaitzandonakes: Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics & Management
- Carter Weiss: Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics & Management
- Katherine Sirianni: Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Ethan Degner: Entomology
- Michelle Lee: Food Science
- Kelly Farrell: Landscape Architecture
- May Taw: Microbiology
- Katrina Haught: Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Michael McGurk: Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Ritwick Ghosh: Natural Resources
- Joel Tripp: Neurobiology and Behavior
- Erin Green: Nutritional Sciences
- Andrew St. James: Office of Undergraduate Biology ~ BIOG 1445
- James Burtis: Office of Undergraduate Biology ~ BIOG 1500
- Elena Michel: Office of Undergraduate Biology ~ Core Biology
- Katie Rondem: Office of Undergraduate Biology ~ Core Biology
- Anya Osatuke: School of Integrative Plant Science, Horticulture
- Kyle Martin: School of Integrative Plant Science, Plant Biology
- Dustin Wilkerson: School of Integrative Plant Science, Plant Breeding and Genetics
- Katrin Ayer: School of Integrative Plant Science, Plant Pathology and Plant-Microbe Biology
- Angela Possinger: School of Integrative Plant Science, Soil and Crop Sciences
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.