Part 1 with David Orr
David Orr, director of the Cornell Local Roads program joins Extension Out Loud. Do you know who maintains the road you live on or the road you drive to work on? Maybe you’ve never thought about it less there’s a pothole or snowstorm. Listen in to hear learn about the history, laws, and science of local roads and their maintenance. David is also a senior extension associate in the Department of Biological and Environmental Engineering at Cornell University.
Part 2 with Jeffrey Griswold
Jeff is the highway superintendent in the Town of Prebble. He joins Extension Out Loud to share his “soup-to-nuts” role in maintaining and repairing roads and responding to local emergencies.
- Citizens Guide to Local Highway Operations
- Cornell Local Roads Program Services Guide 2020
- Part 1 episode transcript (pdf)
- Part 2 episode transcript (pdf).
- Federal Highway Administration National Highway System Map
- Street smarts: Cornell paves the way for safer roads in NYS
Subscribe to "Extension Out Loud" on:
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.