The New York Concord Grape Innovation Award summit will bring together food and beverage producers from across the state with a shared goal of sparking the innovation of Concord grape-based products that will substantially increase the demand and utilization of New York’s most widely grown grape. Concord Grapes are a traditional crop of New York, having been grown in the state for over 200 years – particularly in the Lake Erie region, the largest and oldest home for Concord grape growing in the world.
The finalists will pitch and present their products before a panel of judges, who will award shares of more than $100,000 worth of prizes to the winning teams.
Registration is free. A catered lunch reception will be provided.
- 9:45 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. - Check-in - coffee, tea, water, and cookies available
- 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - Introduction and Opening remarks from New York State Agriculture and Markets Commissioner Richard A. Ball and State Senator Pamela Helming
- 10:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. - Group 1 - Finalists will present and demonstrate his/her product to the judges (food tasting only by the judges)
- 11:45 p.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Break
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. - Group 2 - Finalists will present and demonstrate his/her product to the judges (food tasting only by the judges)
- 1:15 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Catered reception
- 2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. - Competition awards
- 2:30 p.m. - Optional Tour of the Food Venture Center and Pilot Plant
Date & Time
December 9, 2022
9:45 am - 2:30 pm
More information about this event.
Jacob Pucci, Marketing and Communications Coordinator, New York State Center of Excellence for Food and Agriculture at Cornell AgriTech
- jpucci [at] cornell.edu
Center of Excellence in Food and Agriculture
New York State Center of Excellence for Food and Agriculture
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.