Student studying in research lab

Graduate Fields of Study in CALS

The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (Cornell CALS) offers research-centered (MS/PhD) advanced degree programs in more than 30 fields of study and course-based professional master’s degree programs in several key areas of specialization. While research-centered graduate degrees often lead to academic careers and scientific discovery, professional master’s degree programs (MPS, MLA and MEng) are designed to enhance careers in industry, government and non-profit agencies.

Admissions decisions for all CALS graduate degree programs are made by CALS graduate field faculty committees. The Cornell University Graduate School administers the application process for graduate programs at Cornell.

To learn more about the graduate degree programs available in CALS, click on the field name below. General information about graduate study at Cornell University is available on the Graduate School's website.