The Cornell Farmworker Program is dedicated to improving the living and working conditions of farmworkers and their families.
We invite all farmworkers and their families to explore this page to learn more, discover new resources and connect with your fellow farmworkers.
Statewide Directory of Resources for Farmworkers and Immigrants
The directory offers resources for housing, cultural adaptation, banking, legal services, labor rights, education, job training, English as a second language, safety and health services in English and Spanish organized by county and by service.
Bilingual support & emergency assistance phone bank
To receive support or ask any question, please call us or send us a text message at 607-224-8821. Please include your full name, city you live in, and your phone number. Our program will be in contact with you directly as quickly as possible.
The Cornell Farmworker Program offers support in the following areas:
- Legal aid
- Emergency assistance
- Physical and mental health
- Financial help
- Programs for families
- Victim support
- Leadership training
- Religious services
- Elderly services
- Referrals to other agencies
You can also visit our interactive map (English and Spanish) which shows hundreds of emergency support, health and other services throughout the state of New York. Check out the interactive map in English or Spanish.
Resources for Farmers & Farmworkers
To address farmworker needs, the Cornell Farmworker Program (CFP), along with the Upstate Immigration Project of the Legal Aid Society, has developed videos, publications, and educational workshops about immigration policies, emergency planning and driving laws. These resources inform farmworkers about state and federal law and advise individuals about proper interactions with local police and immigration officials.
- Bilingual Authorization to Pick up Paycheck. This bilingual document will allow a spouse or another trusted individual to pick up the paycheck for a person who is unable to do so themselves.
- Derechos de los Inmigrantes (Immigrants’ Rights) DVD: A Spanish language skit that provides information about ways to respond, if detained by a law enforcement official. For ordering information, contact the Cornell Farmworker Program at farmworkers [at] cornell.edu or 607-255-5194.
- Immigrant rights and emergency planning: The Cornell Farmworker Program (CFP) conducts on-farm workshops on immigrant rights and emergency planning. Get the flyer.
- Immigration Facts: Details what immigration authorities can and cannot legally do. Use these facts as guidelines. Immigration authorities do not always follow these procedures in cases of “reasonable suspicion.” Get the English fact sheet or Spanish fact sheet.
- Know your rights: On-farm workshops utilize Spanish language DVDs. Read more about CFP Spanish language skits
- Parental Designation of Temporary Guardianship for US Born Children (in Spanish and English): Used to give authority to other individual(s) to care for child(ren) if you are unable to do so. Click here for the Parental Designation form.
- Parental Permission for child to travel (Emergency Planning Forms: Parental Permission for Child to Travel). Click here for the permission form.
- Pest Management for Farmers and Farmworkers: Spanish and English language DVD that explore low cost pest management strategies. Click here to order the DVD.
- Power of Attorney: Forms to give authority to another to act on your behalf for financial and legal decisions. Click here for the Power of Attorney form.
- Referral Card: Clearly states your right to remain silent and your right to an attorney, in the event of questioning or detainment. Includes phone numbers for Legal Aid Society and the Mexican and Guatemalan Consulates and the Cornell Farmworker Program. Click here for the referral card.
Student and local volunteers travel to local farms to tutor farmworkers in English. Using materials provided by the Cornell Farmworker Program, tutors provide support to improve their grammar, reading, writing, and pronunciation skills to better communicate with their employers and in the general community. These sessions also aid farmworkers in their interactions at the store and hospital.
- Grape Berry Moth (Spanish)
- Grape Berry Moth (English)
- Spotted Wing Drosophila (Spanish)
- Spotted Wing Drosophila (English)
- Pruning Primocane Rasp in Spring (Spanish)
- Pruning Primocane Rasp in Spring (English)
- Pruning Floricane Rasp in Spring (Spanish)
- Pruning Floricane Rasp in Spring (English)
- Pruning Floricane Rasp in Fall (English)
- Pruning Floricane Rasp in Fall (Spanish)
- Crown Gall (Spanish)
- Crown Gall (English)