Join us for the next general session of Food Industry Virtual Office Hours scheduled Tuesday, January 31 from 12 to 1 pm Eastern Time (US & Canada). Drs. Betsy Bihn and Don Stoeckel from the Produce Safety Alliance will present on the FDA's FSMA Food Traceability Rule and discuss some of the resources developed specifically for produce. Following the presentation, Jennifer Trodden from the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, and Food Industry Attorney and Executive Melanie Neumann, will join the panel for a moderated Q&A.
Food Industry Virtual Office Hours are hosted in collaboration with the New York Integrated Food Safety Center of Excellence and the IFS@CU.
- Intended Audience: Open to anyone in the food industry from farm to fork.
- Cost: Free
- Registration Required: cornell.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAocumprD0pGdzxGCjeqmBtFbZ4i3CHQ1YD
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information to join the session.
Subject Matter Experts who will Address Questions
Cornell University Panelists:
- Sam Alcaine, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Food Science (Moderator)
- Elizabeth Bihn, Ph.D., Senior Extension Associate of Food Science
- Don Stoeckel, Ph.D., Extension Associate of Food Science
Invited External Panelists:
- Melanie Neumann, J.D., M.S., Executive Vice President and General Counsel for Matrix Sciences International, Inc.
- Jennifer Trodden, M.S., CSP, Deputy Commissioner, New York State Department of Agriculture & Markets
Food Industry Virtual Office Hours is supported in part by USDA NIFA AFRI Grant NO: 2020-68006-32875/ Accession no. 1024254 from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture. Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in these office hours are those of the participant(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Date & Time
January 31, 2023
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
More information about this event.
Beth Demmings, Ph.D.
- foodsafety [at] cornell.edu
Institute for Food Safety
New York Integrated Food Safety Center of Excellence
Institute for Food Safety at Cornell University (IFS@CU)
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.