Special projects and awards
Web System Rethink Project
In late 2019/ early 2020, The Office of Marketing and Communications relaunched the flagship college website cals.cornell.edu after an extensive system upgrade and visual refresh with digital consultancy Primacy (see their summary of the project). We are currently in the process of migrating all 60+ subsites into the new system, with an expected completion in winter 2022/early 2023. We have won a variety of awards for this work in 2021, including:
- CASE International Circle of Excellence Awards - Gold Award
- CASE District II Accolade Awards - Silver Award
- AVA Digital Awards - Platinum Award
- Education Digital Marketing Awards - Silver Award
- Communicator Award - Award of Distinction - 2 (for Best University Website and Best Website Redesign)
- Communicator Award - Award of Excellence (for Website Photography)
- W3 Awards - Silver Award
- dotComm Awards - Platinum Award
Cornell Composting Program Video
We produced a promotional video about Cornell's composting program, run by the Cornell University Agricultural Experiment Station. It won two awards in 2021:
- The AVA Digital Awards
Strategic Positioning and Visual Identity Project
In June 2017, our team completed and released CALS' first comprehensive strategic positioning and visual identity branding direction. Developed in conjunction with renowned design firm IDEO, the project led to a unifying set of guidelines for all CALS personnel to adopt when speaking about the college, especially to external audiences. Read more about the project in our online brand subsite.
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.