CALS Representative to the SUNY Faculty Senate
Committee Members (term end date)
- Senator: Deb Grantham ('24)
- Alternate: Debbie Cherney ('24)
The professional staff of each State-operated unit and Contract College shall, by secret ballot and majority of those voting, elect their own representative.
The CALS sitting senator moves to alternate at end of term.
The SUNY Faculty Senate shall meet at least twice a year, at such times and places shall be determined by the Executive Committee. Special meetings of the Senate may be called in accordance with the provisions of the bylaws.
- The duties and responsibilities of Senators shall include representation of their constituents bringing to the Senate matters of concern from their constituent campuses, and reporting fully and regularly to their constituents on the activities of the Senate.
- All senators in the last year of their terms shall constitute the Nominating Committee.The President shall designate the Chairperson of this committee from among those eligible to serve on the committee. The president shall be ineligible to serve on the Nominating Committee. The committee shall meet at the Winter Meeting of the Senate to nominate at least (2) candidates for the appropriate officer’s position. The Chairperson of the Nominating Committee shall request each candidate prepare and submit for distribution to Members of the Senate a one page vitae and a statement of candidacy not to exceed one page. These statements shall arrive at the Senate office at least four weeks prior to the spring meeting of the Senate.
- The immediate past President and immediate past Vice President / Secretary shall be ex officio non-voting members of the Senate for one term of two years. Committee Chairpersons who are not senators shall be ex officio non-voting members of the Senate.
Length of Term
- 3 years (July 1 – June 30)
The duties and responsibilities of Senators shall include representation of their constituents bringing to the Senate matters of concern from their constituent campuses, and reporting fully and regularly to their constituents on the activities of the Senate.
SUNY BOT Policies Document (SUNY Faculty senate information starts on page 14)
We openly share valuable knowledge. Often through email.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.