Schwartz Award 2022 Application
Deadline to submit complete application is Friday, April 15, 2022 by 5:00 pm.
Instructions for completing the application:
- Application requires a resume, personal statement, and two on-campus references with contact information.
- Combine and name your files: Award Name_Last Name, First Initial, i.e. "Schwartz_Smith, J._Resume"
- If your packet is too large - please complete the information below and then email the packet to hec58 [at] cornell.edu (subject: Schwartz%20Award%20Application) or drop off a hardcopy to 451 Mann Library Building.
Open to all CALS students.
Acceptable entries include original manuscripts suitable for publication in a newspaper or magazine. Audio tapes, scripts, or video tapes suitable for broadcast on radio or TV are equally acceptable. Information that is written for posting on a computer network would also receive full consideration. Previously published or broadcast material is welcomed. Please note, academic papers and reports are not accepted.
All applications must include the information below:
- Completed Application
- Name and email of two references (on campus)
- Personal statement showcasing your work towards promoting excellence in agricultural journalism and explaining the origins of the submitted manuscript.
- An original manuscript suitable for publication in a newspaper, magazine, scripts, or online forum (audio or video are equally acceptable). Previously published or broadcast material is welcomed.