Graduate Student Conference Grant Application
The Department of Communication provides grants to all Communication graduate students who are invited to present papers or posters at professional conferences. Maximum award is $500.
Students need to meet the following eligibility criteria and observe the following application procedures:
- Recipients must be enrolled full-time in the Communication graduate degree program through the Graduate School and be a registered student during the term in which the conference takes place.
- Recipients must be presenting a paper or poster at the conference for which funds are requested. In the event of dual authorship of a paper/poster accepted for presentation, only the presenting author may receive an award.
- Only one award will be considered during the academic year, which is from July 1st through June 30th.
- An abstract of the paper/poster to be presented and a short statement on the relevance of the conference/meeting to the student’s research must be attached to the application.
- Proof of the acceptance of the paper should be attached to the application.
Funds will be disbursed after return and upon receipt of registration, lodging, and/or transportation documentation.