June 13 - 17, 2022
5 Day In-Person Class
Do you want to gain a broad understanding of cider & perry and acquire the main skills & knowledge necessary to make quality products? Then this is the class to attend!
Introduction & Class Goals
Chris Gerling, Extension Associate, Cornell University, aims to provide:
• A broad appreciation of the main styles of cider & perry, along with an understanding of the Cider Industry - including its historical development, its current position in the alcoholic drinks market and its future development
• Knowledge & understanding of the main principles & processes of cider and perry production
• Training in the practical skills necessary for the production of quality cider & perry
This four day class involves hands-on practical lab work, lectures, workshops & cider tasting:
• A detailed step-by-step guide to cider & perry production
• An essential grounding in the chemistry & microbiology of cider & perry
• Practical training in the key skills of cider production and in the main methods of laboratory analysis
Certification - Day Five
This class is also designed for idividuals who wish to gain a recognized industry qualification - The Foundation Certificate in Cider & Perry Production.
For this certification, the candidate must successfully complete the following:
- A 90 minute examination made up of 20 multi-choice and 15 short answer questions;
- A portfolio of organoleptic assessment notes for at least 6 products to confirm a knowledge and understanding of a range of different styles of cider and perry
Registration fee includes detailed reference manual & workshop notes, documented instructions for laboratory analysis, lunch and beverages. Full payment due at time of registration. Sorry, we are unable to hold spots for payment at a later date. Class strictly limited to 25 attendees.
Date & Time
June 13, 2022 - June 17, 2022
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
We openly share valuable knowledge.
Sign up for more insights, discoveries and solutions.