Each week consists of pre-recorded video lectures to view online and additional supplemental electronic materials that may be downloaded (PDF format). Videos and materials are released on Fridays with a live Q&A session on the following Thursday at 12:00 EDT with that week's speakers, providing the opportunity to ask questions and have further discussion on that week’s topics. There are no additional required assignments or exams.
To get the most out of the experience, you should expect to spend approximately 3 hours per week engaging in this course. Content should be accessed weekly to avoid falling behind in topics and discussions.
Continuing Education Credits
This course has been approved for a maximum of 1.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from the Cornell School of Continuing Education. Upon completion of all sessions, you may receive a certificate. For more information, contact Heather Darrow at hh96 [at] cornell.edu.
This course is also approved for 8 ARPAS CEUs. Visit ARPAS for more information.
Friday, May 14 - Pre-Recorded Videos available
- Rumen function and metabolism – Tawny Chandler
- Carbohydrate nutrition – focus on fiber – Rick Grant
- Carbohydrate nutrition – focus on starch – Heather Dann
Thursday, May 20 at 12:00 PM EDT - Live Q&A via Zoom
Friday, May 21 - Pre-Recorded Videos available
- Protein and amino acid nutrition – Mike Van Amburgh
- Nutrition and the environment – Kristan Reed
Thursday, May 27 at 12:00 PM EDT - Live Q&A via Zoom
Friday, May 28 - Pre-Recorded Videos available
- Fats and fatty acids in dairy nutrition – Tom Overton
- Nutrition and milk components – Tom Overton
- Water quality in dairy nutrition – Rick Grant
- Management impacts for cow behavior – Rick Grant
Thursday, June 3 at 12:00 PM EDT - Live Q&A via Zoom
Friday, June 4 - Pre-Recorded Videos available
- Calf nutrition and management – Sarah Morrison
- Heifer nutrition and management – Mike Van Amburgh
- Minerals and vitamins – Larry Chase
Thursday, June 10 at 12:00 PM EDT - Live Q&A via Zoom
Friday, June 11 - Pre-Recorded Videos available
- Feeding and managing the dry cow – Tom Overton
- Feeding and managing the fresh cow – Heather Dann
Thursday, June 17 at 12:00 PM EDT - Live Q&A via Zoom
Friday, June 18 - Pre-Recorded Videos available
- Forage production for dairy herds – Joe Lawrence
- Silage fermentation and management – Kristan Reed and Larry Chase