Cornell Abroad


Office location: 250 and 300 Caldwell Hall

Cornell Abroad is the office that administers the application process for non-exchange academic year or semester-long study abroad opportunities, across all colleges (whether through direct enrollment, third-party providers, or Cornell Abroad-managed programs). Program models vary greatly, so it’s worth attending the required CALS Study Abroad 101 session first. Depending on the destination and program provider, tuition and program fees also vary greatly.

Staff in Cornell Abroad are available for individual advising.


  • Hundreds of options, including a variety of program types, from which to choose
  • Tuition set by the program or university abroad
  • Cornell International Program Tuition (CIPT) fee added to abroad tuition
  • Application process overseen by Cornell Abroad office
  • Up to 15 credits may be earned
  • Transfer/non-Cornell credit is granted
  • For financial aid eligible students, financial aid packages will be adjusted based on students’ determined level of need and the projected costs for the study abroad program

Search the extensive Education Abroad database for Cornell-managed and Cornell-approved programs. CALS does not approve all programs. Be sure to select “CALS” under “Approved by:” category during your search.