The CALS Career Development Team offers guidance to undergraduate and graduate students, and alumni on all aspects of career planning. We offer a variety of services and resources that can assist you in advising CALS students on career-related topics including:
- Four-year Career and Academic Plan (pdf)
- Individual career counseling and jobs search advising through scheduled appointments and “drop-ins”
- Resume, cover letter, and practice interview assistance
- A network of alumni, CALS Alumni Mentor Network, who have agreed to talk with students about careers and the job search process
- An extensive CALS Career Library with up-to-date resources on career fields, potential employers, job search resources, and graduate programs; Cornell Career Services Library has additional resources
- Resources full-time postings, internships, externships, and summer jobs
- An active On-campus Recruiting program through which employers come to campus to interview students for permanent positions as well as internships
- Extensive electronic communication with students
For more information, please refer to our Career Development webpages.
The CALS Career Development Team recognizes the essential relationship you have with students. We wish to create partnerships with faculty and staff that will enhance career opportunities for students across the college.
Career Development Staff is Available to:
- Speak in classes to offer an overview of services and resources
- Partner with you on career-related classroom assignments or projects
- Speak at department-wide programs such as orientation
- Connect with you to produce our annual postgraduate survey report
Faculty and Staff Can:
- Suggest topics for future Career Development programming
- Identify alumni who may want to participate in career programs, panels, and/or join CALS Alumni Mentor Network
- Meet with employers interested in hiring your students
- Encourage students to connect with the Career Development Office
Encourage your advisees to connect with the CALS Student Services office early in their academic and career planning process. We look forward to assisting you and your advisees.