Excellence in Classified Service
The nominee must be an individual who has continuously demonstrated outstanding achievement, skill and commitment to excellence in fulfilling the job description for the position held.
The nominee must also demonstrate excellence in activities beyond the scope of the job description. The ideal candidate will demonstrate creativity and flexibility in performing his or her position to meet campus needs. Special consideration will be given to employees who consistently provide exemplary customer service to students, staff, patients, and other members of the campus community. More information can be found in the Call for Nominations and by submitting the nomination form to Christina Schmidt (cms536).
- Office Managing the Award Process: Office of Academic Programs with Deans and Directors. Information received from Office of Employee Relations, SUNY Albany.
- Date of Announcement: Late November
- Deadline for Submission: Nomination Memo - November. Final Dossier - Early February.
- Eligibility: Nominees must have completed at least three (3) years of continuous, full time permanent service in the Classified Service position (i.e. positions paid on an hourly basis) for which they are nominated. Prior recipients of a Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in the Classified Service are ineligible for consideration.
- Presented at: Dean's Awards Ceremony, Summer
Previous Awardees of SUNY Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Classified Service
Deborah Higgins, BEE
Marin Cherry, FSC
Christie Sayre, Natural Resources
|2021||Craig Cramer, School of Integrative Plant Science|