Cornell University's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) is considered to be the premier college of its type. Ranked among the best in their disciplines, CALS offers over 20 undergraduate and 33 graduate major fields of study that provide a tremendous pool of skills and interests for employers. The CALS Career Development team will gladly assist you in developing a strategy to connect with students, faculty, staff, and alumni of the college.
All employers—whether recruiting our students on campus or at their own locations—are expected to adhere to Cornell Career Services' employer recruiting policies. We also presume our students will meet the expectations we set forth in the student recruiting policies.
Cornell Career Services is a member of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), and expects all employers recruiting our students to abide by NACE's Principles for Professional Practice for Career Services & Employment Professionals.
- Career Fairs
Career Fairs help organizations meet CALS students. These include the General Interest Career Fair, the Technology Career Fair, the Nonprofit & Government Career Fair and the All-Ivy Environmental Career Fair.
- Postgraduate Report and Survey
The Postgraduate Report and Survey is an annual publication that provides an overview of B.S. recipients' activities. Information reported includes job titles, employment fields and sectors, salary statistics and graduate/professional school pursuits.
- Faculty & Staff Connections
Faculty and staff connections can be an effective partnership for you. If you are interested in visiting with CALS faculty, please contact CALS Career Development directly at 607-255-2257 and we can assist you.
- On-Campus Recruiting
On-campus recruiting offers employers a convenient way to interview highly talented candidates for a wide variety of positions. Visits can be scheduled for both fall and spring semesters for full-time as well as summer positions and are managed using our web-based recruiting system. All employers—whether recruiting our students on campus or at their own locations—are expected to adhere to Cornell Career Services' employer recruiting policies.
Posting Full-time Positions
- CCNet: This is a university-wide online job posting database powered by Experience. All full-time positions are posted via this method.
- Experience Alumni: This is an extension of the Experience system, which is focused on full-time positions for alumni 5+ years out.
- CALS Specific Internships (CSI): Internship postings which are targeted to College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) majors. Typically positions posted on this system are opportunities that are offered annually.
- CCNet: This is a university-wide online job posting database powered by Experience, which is viewed by current students and alumni. Internship opportunities can be targeted to any major from any college of study and/or those to be part of the on-campus recruiting program are posted using this system.
For more information on recruiting at the CALS Student Services Office, please contact Jo-Lynn Buchanan, Employer Services Coordinator, 607-255-9858, email@example.com.