Independent Study, Supervised Teaching Experience, Internships, and Undergraduate Research is available online. This form can only be used for an individual study, supervised teaching, internship, or undergraduate research course in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences during the fall or spring semester. This means a CALS faculty member must be responsible for assigning a grade. This site cannot be used for NS courses, BIOG 2990 or BIO G 4990. For NS courses, please contact the College of Human Ecology. For BIOG, please contact the Biology Department directly in 216 Stimson or visit their web site for more information. This form cannot be used for COMM 2990. For enrollment in COMM 2990 please go to 334 Kennedy.
- Do not submit this form for a course in another college. If you are completing an individual study, supervised teaching, internship, or undergraduate research course in another college, you must follow the enrollment procedures set forth by that college.
- A maximum total of 15 credits from individual study, supervised teaching, internship (6 credits maximum), or undergraduate research courses can be applied toward your degree.
- Credits received for individual study, supervised teaching, internship, or undergraduate research courses cannot be used to fulfill CALS distribution requirements
- The 4960 course number refers to internships.
- The 4970 course number refers to individual study courses.
- The 4980 course number refers to supervised teaching experiences.
- The 4990 course number refers to undergraduate research.
If you are completing Independent Study, Research, Internship or Teaching Assistant credit over the summer or winter session then you must register for the course through the school of Continuing Education.