At the end of each semester, the Committee on Academic Achievement and Petitions reviews the records of all students and takes appropriate action, including but not limited to issuing warnings, placing students on probation, granting students leave of absence, advising students to withdraw, or suspending or expelling students.
To remain in good academic standing, a student must:
- achieve a semester GPA of at least 2.0
- maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0
- satisfactorily complete 12 or more academic credits per semester
- make reasonable progress toward completion of distribution requirements
- make reasonable progress toward completion of college and university requirements
In general terms, regular participation in course work with academic loads at a level to assure graduation within eight semesters and grades averaging C (2.0) or higher are prima facie evidence of satisfactory progress and good academic standing.