Cornell’s e-procurement system, e-SHOP or Shop Catalogs, is the preferred method for initiating an order for goods and services. For suppliers enabled in this system, units must utilize this procurement tool for all transactions with that supplier, per university policy on procurement of goods and services (3.25). For a list preferred, contract and e-SHOP suppliers, click the link above.
e-SHOP is a web-based “shopping cart” tool that makes it easy to shop with preferred and diverse suppliers. Some benefits of using e-SHOP:
- Receipts are not required to be turned in (unlike procurement card purchases)! Items over $2,500 require proof of receipt, which can be accomplished with an email; you will be prompted by the BSC.
- Access to convenient shopping, 24 hours a day
- Ability to place orders from multiple suppliers in one transaction
- Easy electronic requisition order form pre-populated with your profile information
- Faster turn-around times for orders and payments to suppliers
- Greater institutional savings by aggregating and leveraging university-wide transaction volume into preferred supplier contracts to the extent possible
To become an e-SHOP user, have the administrative manager of your unit email Sherry Thompson, firstname.lastname@example.org.